Basic Issie Senses Course for Professionals
This three and a half day course is for professionals with a therapeutic/educational background.
Bellavista S.H.A.R.E., the professional development and research arm of Bellavista School, brings the Issie Senses therapeutic tool to South Africa. This training equips health professionals, caregivers, parents and educators with the Issie Senses methodology on how to set up, adapt, and use sensory environments for the benefit of the child.
- History of Issie Senses and the MSTE
- The physical environment (MSTE)
- Rational of treatment
- The “Enabling Therapist”
- Transferring principles to the outside world
- Sensory processing and sensory processing disorders
- Emotional therapy and family involvement
- Communication and speech
- Assessment – from theory to practice
Post training support:
1.5 hours a month for 6 months following the course for each participating organisation.