Beit Issie Shapiro is Israel’s leading organisation in the field of disabilities. A joint collaboration with their Issie Senses team sees Bellavista S.H.A.R.E., the professional development and research arm of Bellavista School, bring the Issie Senses methodology to South Africa, and so equip other health professionals, caregivers, parents and educators with Issie Senses training as well as in designing their rooms and purchasing equipment.
This three day course is for non-professionals: caregivers or administrators.
- History of Issie Senses and the MSTE
- The physical environment (MSTE)
- Rational of treatment
- The “Enabling Therapist”
- Transferring principles to the outside world
- Sensory processing and sensory processing disorders
- Emotional therapy and family involvement
- Communication and speech
- Group therapy
- Assessment – from theory to practice
Post training support: 2 hours a month for 6 months following the course for each participating organisation.