Bellavista School is invested in evidence based practice. The staff at the school believe in the potential of every child. Our methodologies for teaching literacy and numeracy, as well as cognitive skills, include a highly structured, multi-sensory approach.
Integrated into the curriculum are several specific programmes:
- RAVE-O for reading and comprehension
- THRASS to establish phonics
- Cognitive Enrichment Advantage to provide metacognitive tools for thinking
- Feuerstein’s Instrumental Enrichment (FIE) to develop cognitive function
- The Alert Programme for sensory modulation